Expedition Sunroof question

I have a 98 expedition with a sunroof. It has now started to malfunction when closing, it doesn't want to go all the way forword on the passenger side. This then causes significant wind noise as well as potential leaks.
I can force it forward by pushing from the outside. Something is loose and witout taking the interior roof loose (which I don't want to do) I can figure out what the problem is. Has anyone worked on one and can tell me what is going on. The dealer act as though they may need to replace the whole mechanism for over $800. I think that is BS. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Bottom line, is this fixable with a little help or is this a professional job? Thanks
The dealer may be telling you right. Many of the GM sunroofs you need to replace the entire unit if the rubber gasket goes bad & leaks - again around $800.00 + $$
If its closing cockeyed maybe something just came loose on one of the side tracks.
I'm not that familiar with Fords so I'm not sure if yours has a cable drive mechanism. The cables sometimes break. Perhaps a company that installs sunroofs or a Trim Shop can repair what you have?
Good Luck
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~270,000 miles_~_~_