Explorer 4WD LOW

How do I turn off the 4WD/ LOW in a 2000 Explorer? where is the button so shut it off? :?: :?: Thank you

vihugimu wrote:

Uhhm... same button you turned it on with

LOL! Yea that for starters, also vehicle stopped, brake pedal depressed and transmission in neutral. I can't believe how many people manage to "find" 4 low and then can't get it back out. Makes getting home kind of a slow process.
Bob wrote:

Ohhhhhh jeeze, i thought the rest of that was just common sense. i got in to the habbit of going to neutral for even the on the fly 4hi, not sure that is totally necessary.
Unless this explorer has a shift motor gone...

Not to mention damned noisy, with the squealing tires on pavement. ;-) I put a vehicle in 4wd-L to back a horse trailer up a muddy driveway, and then left it at the barn. The next morning, my wife had driven off before I thought to take it out of 4wd-L.
I thought she might have driven down the road a ways, and been confused. She laughed out loud. She said it took about three feet of forward progress before she knew something needed adjusting. Apparently she had no trouble getting it out of 4wd-L.
--
---