Explorer cd players....

What's up with the cd players in the Explorers? I was talking to someone about having cd player issues, and someone else overheard me and said they have troubles also. They said they have an
Explorer and I said wait, so do I. We're talking about how the unit won't load a cd, and if you force one in there, and you do manage to get it back out, it comes out almost hot. I suspect the heating system air vents leak into the player, but still, the player won't load a disk.
No the heater vents are not leaking into the radio
The radios are a bad design and fail A LOT
have www.bought4less.com hook ya up with a new aftermarket stereo and plug in cables.
its cheaper and sound better

Or www.crutchfield.com.
Not only will they sell you a new cd player for about the best prices anywhere, they'll also give you a free mount kit, wiring harness, and complete installation instructions for your vehicle. I also received the little U-shaped tools to remove my old unit from my Taurus.
Don't think you can go wrong with them... and if they are concerned about a purchase not working right in your vehicle, they'll call you to help you select the right equipment.