explorer problem

hello, here is the problem. My 96 explorer 4X4 V6 4.0 starts and accelerates fine in neutral with no unusual noises, but when I drive, it sounds like it is running on 5 instead of 6, especially when I accelerate and when it is under load. I use premium fuel, and I replaced the spark plugs a week ago. Any idea of the problem and possible solution?

Thanks in advance, Leo

Reply to
leo

First thing to do is have the DTC codes read. See Autozone or local parts store. And is your check engine lite lit?

Did you change the plugs because of this, and did you look at the old ones? That might have given you a hint.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic