F150 Temperature Control Problem

I have a 1998 F150 2WD Lariat. 180k miles. Recently the heat is on all the time. The vent or A/C doesn't ever work. Is this simply a replace of the center temp control panel (3 knobs below the radio)? The
ambient air temp sensor? Any help would be appreciated before I start randomly replacing parts. Thanks...