f150 transmission

I am doing an engine swap in 97 f150 and was getting ready to reistall engine and transmission and decided to change transmission filter while it was easy to get to. As I lowered the pan I saw a white plastic hemisphere about 3/8" diameter with an oring, and a 1/8" diameter by

1&1/2" long stick protruding from the center of the flat side of the hemisphere. I cannot find where this came from ,Any ideas??
Reply to
bigshadow

bigshadow opined in news: snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

production filler tube seal... no problem, normal, throw away

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks,thought it was something like that but needed reassurance.

Reply to
bigshadow

swallow it

That is the factory fill. Thats there when the factory is filling the fluid in the tranny as it goes along the line. Its kinda like a nipple right???

Don't worry, your tranny pan has never been off the truck.

Jake

PS Had my 03 Marquis filter done today and the guy showed me the same thing.

Reply to
M Hayes529