FA: 1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Red 4 Door Sedan with 390 Engine

Starting price $1500.00

Vehicle Description

1965 Ford Galaxie 500 Red 4 Door Sedan with 390 Engine This is a Galaxie 500 in great physical shape. I purchased it about two months ago and to my dismay it has an engine problem that I neither have the time nor expertise to fix. The machanics referred to it as a "blowback" problem that would require a complete engine rebuild. I know nothing of this car's prior history. The body is in great shape with no signs of major dents. There is some rust, but nothing is rusted through. This car does need some work, but in its current state is a big head-turner. I wish I could fix it, because in two months I've really fallen in love with this model.

Vehicle Condition

The condition of this car is good for its age. It still has all original parts. Original paint! The horn needs a new ring which is a couple bucks from Dearborn Classics. There is a six inch crack on the right side of the windshield. Inspection said carburator needed a rebuild and one valve has no compression. They did not mention the blowback, which I found out later. There is some rust, but nothing is rusted through. The floor is in solid physical condition. The suspension is a bit bouncey and it needs some work. The car does run, it just doesn't run well, especially in city driving. Highway is OK. There are some letters which have fallen off, but I do have them, and have included pictures.

Mileage is a guess as the odometer has rolled. The condition of the pedals would indicate either replacement or low milage. The condition of the engine indicates otherwise.

Terms of Sale

Cash, cashiers check, or money order before title transfer and pick up. I can take a personal check, but will have to wait for it to clear. Buyer is responsible for transportation and pick-up of the car. I would not recommend long distance travel on this unless you can service the engine yourself.

Reply to
Pete Ashdown