failed emission help please??

does anyone have a direction to point me in to fix my 92 grand marquis(4.6)failed emissions,car seems to be running great, HC standard is 0.80(car tested at 1.26) CO standard is 15.00(car tested at 22.70) put
new plugs and pcv and air filter in,any more ideas would be welcome, thanks
robert -wanda fox wrote:

O2 sensor(s) wouldn't hurt. Double check your numbers too. Do you mean hc was 126ppm? CO was huh?
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:41:57 GMT, "robert -wanda fox"

Have you cleaned the MAF, IAC and throttle body. The numbers would suggest it is running rich for some reason. The MAF would be a likely candidate. There are sites on the net on how to clean it including pictures.
Lugnut
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:41:57 GMT, "robert -wanda fox"

1. Clean the MAF thoroughly.. directions everywhere.. dont be afraid of it... use a CLEAN/new med bristle brush and rubbing alcohol. about ten brush-ons/rinses wil make sure.
2. New primary O2 sensors cant hurt... never had that problem, but then again, I dont run 'just any' brand name gas.
3. Replace Fuel Pressure regulator
DEFINITELY - Change OIL, run out on freeway for about 20 minutes day before... then again, within hours before you take it in again.
You have done PCV, good.
you pay..DEAL with it!

And, btw.. have the codes read out and post then here.. not the def's, the codes
you pay..DEAL with it!