false "full" reading on fuel gage

the fuel gage on my 199 ford Ranger 4x4 v6 reads "full" all the time. Is this an easy fix?

Not a fun job but you probably need to replace the sending unit in the fuel tank, which involves dropping the tank and disconnecting fuel lines and electrical. If you do not know what your doing this is very dangerous. Aside from that you could confirm that it is the sending unit by checking the electrical connection to the gauge from the sending unit.

Much easier to take the bed off. You can leave the tank in place while changing the unit. I had a similar situation, one of the electrical connectors on the top of the tank was corroded. Mine was a '94, but should be similar.

In article <08f27e62e2b6f5b2ef93e9501a7c98e6

Depending on how the gage works, something is either an open circuit or shorted to ground, assuming the gage itself hasn't failed. Try tracing out the wiring as best you can to look for damage before dropping the thank to change the sender.