Fan Clutch on 89 Towncar

I am trying to figure out whether the fan clutch on my 89 Lincoln Towncar with 150k miles is working properly. The past two days have reached

100 degrees here in the Phoenix area. After driving in stop and go traffic with the A/C on I pull into the garage, shut off the engine, pop the hood and turn the fan. The fan turns with very little drag. Does this indicate my fan clutch is shot?

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert L. Wells

No. Try this. Before you start the engine the first time in the morning, open the hood, start the engine and goose it a little. You should hear the fan roar. After about 15 to 30 seconds it will get quiet.

Al

Reply to
Big Al