FAQ: Short form on asking for help

Include make, model, year, engine, engine type, transmission.
Also if you have read out codes, include the code..NOT what you or anyone else interprets them as.
MAKE SURE to include ALL symptoms, whether or not YOU think they are related.
ALSO anything you did immediately prior to the problem, to include even raising the hood to check the oil!
I know it sounds dum, but why waste hours exchanging questions and info when you dont have to?
What... your crystal ball is out for repairs??? If it's in the same shop as my magic wand, be ready for a wait.
Anyone looking for assistance should also include any recent repairs, new accessories, when the symptoms were first noticed... no need to get maudlin but I get "I didn't think that mattered way too often...".
Those giving good advice are allowed to get snotty about it.... especially if the requesting party hasn't used his God-given common sense. It's not like they're getting paid and it's not like it's costing the requesting party anything. We're here of our own volition to offer what assistance we can, when we can.
Last, and most important.... if someones advice has helped cure your concern, come back and tell us.... warm and fuzzies are the only payment received for effort expended.

Heh...i been married for over 35 years...i'm used to not getting positive feedback!
;)
32 years.... same shit, different broad...

You guys aren't getting payed? I get $50 an answer ;)

What do you get for spelling advice? ;)

I hav too paye four that ;)
can you help me?..........is a for escort 1997....the engine whenb you pedal the acelerator doesn't idle though you press the aceleratot to the end it keeps going slow, and suddenly goes fast.Every time I stop and try to idle is the same. Can anybory help?????????