fast idle on 1999 ranger

I have a 1999 ranger 4x4 4.0ltr 5spd and it idles fast (between 1500 and

2000 rpm) for 10 seconds or so after clutching it at stoplights / stop signs etc

Theres not much consistencey though, it idles high at different rpm for different lengths of time every time, before eventually settling back down to about 800rpm. I have owned it since November and its only started happening in last 6 weeks or so. It is of course all computer controlled so I carnt adjust anything myself.

The question is - is a normal thing now that the weather is warm or should I take it to ford and spend a few hundred bucks having them read fault codes?

thanks in advance for any help

Reply to
Andyt

guess what i bet ya it did it from the dealer but ya just noticed now ya foctard

hurc ast

Reply to
ohhhhhbaby1212

Ignore this goofball Andy. He's doing that all over this forum just to make ya mad. He enjoys our responses like that.

Reply to
ankhe105

your right - I shouldnt rise to it - I since read the same stuff from him all over this forum.

Shame aint it.

Reply to
Andyt

It is a shame that apparently the parents aren't monitoring their kids on the computer. I fell for it like you did though and reacted the same way so don't feel bad. Hope you get help with your truck.

Reply to
ankhe105