fast idle still 93 t-bird

93 t-bird/pulled iac off taped holes then had a no start is iac bad?

--
Posted at author's request, using fully moderated
http://www.AutoBoardz.com/Ford-Mecury-forum-37.html interface
bbmf wrote:

if you gave it gas, then no. Did it start before?

Should only do that with engine already at operating temp.
You might have to fiddle with the accel to get it to start, first try just a little pressure on pedal, then to floor then pump it, once engine smooths out, see if it idles very slow, or dies. If so, then the IAC is either bad... or there is another problem but not a vacuum leak.
you pay..DEAL with it!