Fiesta Engine Warning Light flashing

Fiesta Zetec 1.4 2003.
Hi All. A few times recently, I noticed my engine was misfiring at low revs. No surprises there, since it's very damp here, right now; but the
last time it did it, I noticed the engine warning light flashing for a few seconds.
Does this mean something's about to break, or is it somehow detecting the misfire, and telling me to change down a gear?
@ noway . com> says...

Shouldn't misfire in any gear.
--
I. Care
"Mr. Spigot" <noway

Well, it could be pre-igniting, I guess. Or shouldn't it flash then, either? It only happens when I'm kind of labouring it a bit. I don't overdo it, really; and I know I shouldn't do it, but it hates changing down into second if you're not going really slow.
Mr. Spigot wrote:

You're owner's manual should have the exact info. Usually a flashing a light means that you need to do something now. In the US, a flashing check engine light means stop and have it fixed immediately.
Jeff