fiesta injection high idle

I've got a 93/k fiesta 1.1 injection . it has started to idle really high...about 3000/4000 rpm . It started to do it intermitently a few months ago but now it is doing it all the time. is it a problrm with the computerised engine management system or a mechanical problem with the fuel injection system? Thanks in advance, jon.

Reply to
jonbhoy

Is the Check engine light on?

You most likely have a vacuum leak somewhere.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks for the advice. Theres no check engine light so I'll check for leaks. Is it likely to be the join between the the manifold and the injector body...I had the injector off when I replaced the engine 6 months ago, or is it more likely to be leaking somewhere else...hoses etc? Cheers

Reply to
jonbhoy

hose connection MOST likely, but if it's done that ever since your removal of the Throttle body, look there first.

Such as 'idle control motor'.

Use spray throttle body cleaner, or

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic