Fiesta remote locking problem.

I'm driving a 2000 Ford Fiesta Ghia 1.25. I was involved in an RTA just before Christmas which resulted in a new front bumper, new driver side wing, new bonnet and new driver side front alloy. All back together now as good as new apart from one problem, the remote controlled central locking. It always worked perfectly before the accident. Now sometimes it works first time, but usually I have to click the button 10 or 12 times to get it to double lock, and I usually have to be standing right beside the car. Same thing when I try to unlock it. I tried a new battery in the key, in fact I tried several but that wasn't the problem. Called into my local friendly Ford dealer who got a mechanic to have a look at it. He put the key in the ignition clicked it a few times and said that's it. But it wasn't it. Bloody thing is still the same. Something I have noticed is that if I sit inside the car and click the remote the light on the rear fog light switch comes on for a second. Could the collision have damaged it in some way? Could the body shop have wired something up wrong when they were putting it back together? How can I tell if the problem lies in the transmitter or the receiver? Any ideas welcome.

Alex

Reply to
JAT