Fifty dollar oil..and the Alberta Oil rush

Read it... lotsa good stuff. And some narrow thinking, naturally by the environmentalists.

My view {which, to understand, you need to read the article}:

Good application for state of art (pelletized bed) nuclear generation systems, use them to recover oil - relatively remote; when shale/sands are depleted, also good location to bury encapsulized nuke waste.

In the next ten years, R&D being given its due funding, the coal resources of this country are going to be proved a real bonanza. And the subsequent technology will also allow China to stop being such a gross polluter and oil-hog.

Note recovery and re-use of process CO2 (sidenote: drinking Coke and Pepsi causes global warming!!!!). Apply linear thinking: If we can use nuke power to make oil, why cant we use it to crack CO2?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

And I aint alone: Greenpeace AntiNuke-r NOW PRO-Nuke to save the planet!

{Requires free registration, and you should anyway!}

In other words, the guy has acquired common sense; question being: can he persuade the lemmings of the Left?

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

I'm thinking we should have learned as a great power in 1973 abouts. We didn't!

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r

IMHO, if we dont start on a program to build 100 nukes in the USA right now, we will have massive power outages in the next 3 to 7 years. Get ready, it is coming.

BTW, we are having rolling power blackouts here in Texas today.

Get your UPS's warmed up !

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

There are 11 nukes being planned right now:

Lynn

Reply to
Lynn McGuire

Not crazy about the Chinese Gov, I think the people are probably great. We are doing 20 plus million barrels a day. The Chinese 6, they learned a bad lesson from us but it is or was bolstering there economy. Steal it from other first then use your own reserves. Would have been much better if 30 years ago we as a people had realized that a better technology would have been far better off for our economy and for that of the world. That would have meant 30 years ago "zero monster fu*king trucks for the average home buyer. It's called intelligents. We as a people in the U.S. have shown none to the world! All about money and the big guys have fu*ked us all for the term. It's not about looking for new oil it's about getting smart.. Finding new oil is nice but not anywhere near what needs to be done in a country where we have the resourses to do better, Shame, Shame ,Shame on the U.S. and Canada and all the counties that could make things better for the whole world. USCAMX < the new look of the america's. United States, Canada and Mexico... We can add acronyms as countries whould like to join. After it gets big enough, it will become the federation of planets... Please don't discard this message from the google database... It will come true... Hopefully with little war. Since we rely on it now it will continue for some time but we will get smarter soon.

Deal with this! Smile...

Gerald

Reply to
gerald2003r