Fittings to PS rack

Installing the pressure and return lines to a new PS rack, I find the pipes inside the fittings are loose - not can-position loose but gonna-leak loose. I've seen some posts that say I need to get new hoses with new fittings to cure this and some that say replacing the rubber 'O' rings at the end of the inner metal tube will fix this. Which is it? I have replaced the outer nylon 'O' rings via the proper method and they are fine.

Reply to
87aerostar

"87aerostar" wrote in news:1130765296.527642.48160 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Sorry for no replies but your description of "gonna leak" is really subjective.

I've replaced those lines on an earlier model rack with the same system of nylon o-rings, with the same feeling of 'dread'.. but they did not leak.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Thanks! It's been tough finding anyone with experience on these. Perhaps the pressure helps seal them. 'I'm pretty certain they are going to leak'- loose, floppy loose. Not the firmer type of loose that allows one to position the line but will hold pressure. I'll post back to this thread/topic when I get it solved or find there was no problem.

Reply to
87aerostar

The last PS rack I changed on a Ford (Fiesta in fact) felt exactly like you describe. It was the same before though and it didn't leak before or after.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

yup.i went thru the same doubting when i first encountered these.

Reply to
oldkid