fixing belt squeek with Comet

Hi!

I have a belt squeek on my 95 Taurus only when it's wet. A mechanic inspected it and said it's fine. I have heard of a possibility to clean the belt by putting some Comet on it. Is this a plausable solution? Any suggestions, coments, pros and cons?

Thanks!

esefers

change the belt or live with the squeak --- anything that u put on to stop the squeak will only wear off anyways .. besides does comet not disovle in water?

Reply to
Rob

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

"When the time comes to lay down my life for my country, I do not cower from this responsibility. I welcome it." -JFK Inaugural Address

Reply to
Spike

No, I'm not sure. I just assumed it's the belt. How to know what sqeeks? I have heard that Comet cleans off the oil and other junk that might be on the belt and causes the squeak, making the belt to slip. Is that true? E

Reply to
esefers

Never heard of anyone using Comet for that. But, a lot of people never heard of gapping points with the foil wrapper from a stick of gum, either.

So, >No, I'm not sure. I just assumed it's the belt. How to know what sqeeks? I