flashing air bag light

I have some electrical glitch in my 1993 Taurus. Interior lights have sometimes stayed on after car off/key removed. So for overnight I pull the apprpriate fuse - no problem.

A week ago I forgot. When I started the car next day (thankfully it started) , and ever since, my air bag light flashes intermiantly all the time I'm driving. Usually one flash, then two after a second or twom then a break, then repeat.

The manual says to get the system serviced for this. But is there any danger? Like the air bag deploying while I'm driving?

Brad

Reply to
Avalanche

Code 12 = Low Battery Voltage.

Fix electrical glitch. Recharge, or better replace battery.

Reply to
zwsdotcom
12 is low voltage. change your battery

(as long as it's flashing, the airbag system should not deploy)

Reply to
El Bandito

Just to make things a little more clear.... if the air bag light is illuminated or flashing, it will not deploy in the event of a frontal impact.... it can, however, deploy if someone unfamiliar with the system gets into some intrusive testing....

These are explosive and/or pyrotechnic devices.... There is no "fudge factor" allowance and they are very, very unforgiving when goaded.

When someone has to ask some of these questions, we are already aware of their knowledge base... we are not aware of their skill sets nor their familiarity with accepted practices. I am not trying to drum up business for techs I don't know or shops I've never heard of.... but I think it prudent that none of us try to drum up business for Emergency Rooms, as well....

FWIW.... Many SRS systems (and ABS sytems as well) will set a "low system voltage code" that will not go away until it is cleared with a scan tool... In some cases it can take in excess of 40 key cycles to self-clear this code and allow the light to go out. While a bad battery is one consideration (and if the battery is three years old or older) and replacing the battery before it fails is a wise choice, something as simple as disconnecting the battery or pulling the wrong fuse when looking for something else can set a low volt code.

Reply to
Jim Warman

find the appropriate fuse for that too.hhaha

Reply to
Picasso