Flashing seat belt light

I have a weird problem the seat belt light in my 1996 F150 is flashing what seems to be a code (?) 1 flash short pause 4 flashes long pause then it repeats.
Any ideas this is driving me crazy
Thanks Darryl
Darryl opined in

You sure that isnt the SRS system light? I think it is.
I suggest you take it to the ford shop, my bet is it means the primary crash sensor is shorted to ground... you mess with this, you may blow the bag.

will hear a tone if you did not buckle up or the switch is broken. I think it will flash and make a tone four times then pause and repeat the four flashes and tones. I believe this will continue as long as you have the vehicle in gear. There is no diagnostic codes flashed if there is something wrong with the switch for the "put on your seat belt warning light".
The air bag system on the other hand does display a code when there is an electrical fault. Code 14 is the front air bag sensor and bracket circuit shorted to ground.