Flood Damaged Cars - Get free CARFAX flood title search

There will be thousands of new and used cars on the market from the flooded Gulf Coast. Read the rip below. CARFAX is providing free flood search.
www.carfax.com If in doubt, make sure SELLER provides a title search at his expense to prove ownership and history. This is a private party public service announcement with no connection whatsoever to carfax or any other exploitive capitalist enterprise. If you do buy a flood salvaged car, its worth 30% of the Blue Book wholesale used car price, tops. If the seller tells you it cost more than that to "restore" the car, tell him its tough shit and his loss, not yours.

flooded
No they are not. I just put a couple VINs in there and there is nothing that says anything on their website about offering flood checks for free.
Ted
I am curious to know how they get their information. Sometime back, I was looking at some vehicles that the State of Oregon had for sale on eBay.
They pretty much said not to bother trying to run any of the VIN's through Carfax, as they would not show up, probably because they buy their fleet cars directly from the manufacturer.
-Kirk Matheson
Carfax and Autochek get most of their info from the state reports concerning the vehicle. I.E. Registration/Title items, collision reports. Recall info is online for most vehicles anyway, they just tap that database as well. The reason why you don't find info on most state vehicles is simple. Most states do not title or register the vehicles like a private person does. That means that any damage done to the vehicle doesn't travel with it unless it was involved with an accident with a registered vehicle. Hitting a guard rail or parking barrier wouldn't be there but if they hit a private vehicle it should be. Here in NY if you run a carfax on state owned vehicles at an auction the only thing it may tell you is if it hit another vehicle.
--
Steve Williams