Focus C-max external heater malfunction

I have bought a C-Max with built in external heater (motor and cabine). This heater worked one day, then it couldn't start. The ford dealer unlocked the heater, and then it worked one day again. Now they have
ordered a new heater, but i am afraid that this is not the problem. The "low fuel" lamb turnes on when the heater goes 'out of order'. My ford is brand new, so i don't have to pay anything, but the Winter has started here in Denmark, so i want the heater to work as soon as possible. With so many C-Max out there, someone must have have try'ed a malfunctioned heater.
In advance
Thanks from Holger