Focus rear view mirror replacement question

I've got a 2000 Canadian Focus. The little dear has never read Consumer Reports, so doesn't know it is not supposed to be the best car I've owned in
decades, and which I plan to keep for some time yet. But there is one minor problem. The inside rear view mirror is starting get very loose and can't hold its setting when you switch from day to night view. My service manual says nothing about an adjustment, so I went to the local dealer and they said I needed to order a new one, which they did.
I got the new one and it is different than mine. However, it does match the ones on new Focuses and apparently other Fords. But the mounting bracket definitely looks different. The old one has a tab that clips it to the base, the new one doesn't. Plus the old one doesn't seem to want to come off, and I'm reluctant to force it.
The dealership is a small country one. Generally they're pretty good for service but for this they said I'd have to talk to their glass guy, who only comes out from town when needed.
Before I start driving into town talking to glass shops, has anyone had experience with this?
says...

small hole/slot on the lower edge in which you have to slide a thin screwdriver to depress a release spring. Then the mirror will slide upwards and off.
--
I. Care