Focus remote central locking question.

Hi all, I've recently bought very low milage 2004 focus LX which I am very pleased with but I have a question about the remote central locking.
What sort of range should I expect to have from my remote? At present it is
about 6 feet which seems rather low to me, certainly lower than any other unit I have used - I'm practicaly at the car before it works. Do I have a weak battery or is it about right?
TIA.
Don't know about Focus, but most remotes have a range of 50-100 ft. Replace the battery and see what happens next.

In my case the '03 and '05 Focus seems to have a range of no greater than fifteen feet. The '99 and '01 Escorts have a range of thirty feet and in a couple cases I've set the panic alarm off from the sixth floor of office buildings.
Probably 20 percent of the technicians that work out of our office drive a Focus and complain of poor remote range. On the other hand I've never mistakenly unlocked the car while pocketing the keys.
Berkshire Bill