Focus timing belt change

I have a 2000 Focus with a Zetec engine. My engine has almost 100,000 km on it and is due for a timing belt change. Has anyone changed this belt on their own? if so what problems did they
have???? In event of the timing belt breaking is there valve/piston clearance on the Zetec engine, or does the valves go through the piston?
Thanks in advance for any help.

According to
http://www.gates.com/downloads/download_common.cfm?file=TimingBeltReplacePag es.pdf&folder=brochure, none of the engines used in the Focus are interference designs.