Focus timing belt change

I have a 2000 Focus with a Zetec engine. My engine has almost 100,000 km on it and is due for a timing belt change. Has anyone changed this belt on their own? if so what problems did they have???? In event of the timing belt breaking is there valve/piston clearance on the Zetec engine, or does the valves go through the piston?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to
Tom Kirkpatrick

According to

of the engines used in the Focus are interference designs.

Reply to
KokomoKid