For Minus 30 temperature Mobil 1 0W30 or 5W30.

Living in a cold winter climate like Calgary, Alberta. Canada where we have just been through a very cold spell where many people could not start their vehicles
including me. I am going to do an oil change tomorrow which Mobil 1 Oil should I use 0W30 or 5W30. I have an older vehicle.
Thanks in advance Denny B
Without knowing what car/truck you have one could say 5W30..! However to be more accurate, would you please tell us what vehicle you plan to do the oil change on..? Or, you could check www.Mobil1.com

1981 Ford Fairmont 6cyl that has been well maintained in a milder climate but is now driven in a much colder climate.
I am the original owner of this vehicle.
Thanks Denny

Either of 0W30 or 5W30 could work. However, be aware that the gaskets and seals might leak..!

"V.B. Mercon" wrote:

If it is an 1981 Farimont, it is likely that the seals are already leaking. I think the idea that synthetic oil can casue problems with seals and gasket is overblown. However, if you are really worried Mobil now has a "high mileage" formula syntehtic blend oil that claims to condition seals to reduce leakage.