For Sale: 650hp supercharged 454, in a 1949 Ford P/U w/ 44in tires.

Hi guys,

I hope that posting this here isnt inappropriate, but I figured that a number of folks in this group might have some interest in this rompin-stompin 4x4 :) I'd posted a note last week about this (my neighbors truck) being in its last day on an eBay auction. Unfortunately, I hadnt foreseen that the auction would be scheduled to end during this past weeks Monday Night Football game (in Denver, and hosting the Broncos' mortal enemies the Raiders!). Here in Colorado anyway, that was probably a HUGE oversight!

Anyway, the truck has now been relisted on eBay, and you can see it here (with full technical description, and lots of photos) :

My neighbor ended up with this 'monster truck project' in a divorce, and is now looking to sell. She has over $30K invested in it, and was originally not going to take less than 1/2 of that for the truck. But she has set the 'reserve price', now, at only $10K ! She's been told the motor alone is worth more than that :) This 1949 Ford P/U had been in her family for over 30 years, and when she ended up with it a few years ago, her then-husband took it to a well known 4x4 fabrication shop and asked them for "650 horsepower, and 44 inch tires." .....$30K later, without even the paint/bodywork done, and thats what they got! They ordered all the parts to redo the interior, but they never got around to it (before the divorce, anyway!). So it comes with most all the components to install an ALL NEW interior (carpet, glass, interior door panels, seats, headliner, moulding, etc, etc). Or you could just drive it all winter as-is, punching through the snow when nothing else is moving!

She knows that she'll only get a fraction of her $30K back, but her loss could REALLY be your gain! Hey, if nothing else, its fun to look at and read about a project like this!

Thanks again for your indulgence, Michael

Reply to
Michael