For Sale: 96 Ford Taurus (private owner)

For sale by the owner: $2800 (Connecticut area) 1996 Ford Taurus GL, 6 cylinder, Automatic Transmission, power windows, power lock, air-conditioning, seating for upto 6, tinted windows. 25 mpg
highway, 22 mpg city. Transmission was recently redone by Ford service center and is currently under warranty by Ford Motor Co (warranty valid at any Ford service center). New OEM brake disks and pads were installed recently. This is a very reliable car that has been maintained in great condition. A must see!
Asking: $2800 contact: day time: 860-343-2533 evening: 860-839-0161
Taurus is considered a safe, reliable and low risk car by Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. This resulted in a much lower insurance premium for me compared to my old car. http://www.iihs.org/vehicle_ratings/ce/html/95029.htm
joka wrote:

I'd have that fuel economy problem looked into... our 97 GL with seating for 8 does about 29/25 MPG fully loaded. Probably time for a complete tune up, or the transmission is not "up to snuff", or your brakes are dragging... could be a number of things!
Rob

Depends on how fast you are driving :) My 97 GL sedan (vulcan) only hits about 23-24MPG, but that's at a steady 75mph. @ 55mph I hit about 30-31mpg. Less right now, because I have winter tires on..
In posted on Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:31:12 -0500:

It'd be nice if it was safe to drive around 45 miles an hour around here. But do that and you'll end up with a remodeled rear end.