Ford 150 5 Liter 1995 fuel problem

Greetings,

My Son has a 1995 Ford F150 with a 5 Liter engine that seems to have a fuel pump failure sort of problem. It has spark, pressing the 'tire fitting' on the fuel injector bar on the engine will not spray fuel when pressed with the ignition switch on. I was talking to him tonight and was thinking there may be a few more checks that we could do before we get together to drop the tank. The Trunk isn't at my house unfortunally. I was wondering if there was a common failure with these, it has only one fuel tank. He checked the fuse block and could find no fuse labeled for the fuel pump. I have heard that there are kill switches for the fuel pump, could this have tripped? if so where would it be? It sounds from him that the pump isn't getting any power. Can we feed 12V to it to see if it will pump? The tank isn't that full, just think that the bolts might be a chore getting loose not being here at my house.

As always, Thanks in advance,

Markus

Reply to
Markus

Markus wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

fuel pump inertia switch should be located behind R/H kick panel......disconnect wireing to switch and apply voltage to pink wire. pump is now powered up. if you cant get fuel to come out your 'tire thingy' on fuel rail or hear the pump running its time to drop the tank..........kjun

Reply to
KjunRaven

There's a resettable inertia switch for the fuel pump that will turn it off in the event of a collision, maybe even a hard bump in the road. not sure where it is in a truck; in a car, it's driver side rear fender well in the trunk.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

did some testing, couldn't get the pump to operate, Broke down and pulled the tank, sure enough, dead fuel pump...

Thanks again for the help.

Have a most excellent weekend,

Markus

Reply to