Ford 302 SEFI (1988)

Gentlemen,

I am working on a 302 that I salvaged from a 1988 Grand Marquis, removing all the dirt and grease, painting the various components etc.

Once finished I will hook up all the wiring (ECM , sensors, etc) to make the fuel injection work.

My question is , since the tranny is not bolted to the engine, how can I start it?

From what I can see , the starter is bolted to the tranny.....

Any ideas?

TIA

Reply to
Spark

You will need a flywheel/flexplate and a transmission or at least a bell housing, and a starter..

Reply to
351CJ

It won't run correctly with a flywheel or flexplate. It will jump all over the place. It will run with a flywheel and pressure plate if you can mount it securely. The flex plate without the converter is much to light. A flywheel is heavier but not enough without the pressure plate.

Al

Reply to
Big Al