Ford 500 test drive

I test drove a 500 Saturday. Nice car and with the 6 speed I thought acceleration was adequate but that was up until I was at 65 mph and pressed the gas pedal and there was nothing. I know you don't often need to exceed
65 mph, but nothing? I mean nothing.
You are so full of it, your eyes must be brown. Flooring the throttle with the six speed at 65 will drop the tranny down to third. Several road tests have shown the 500 out performs the chrysler 300, and several others, with larger engines. Do some research WBMA. You must have been driving a 4 cy Camry LOL
mike hunt
Art wrote:

It did not drop to third. Maybe there was something wrong with the car. Seriously Mike, there was nothing. I believe the pedal was against the metal.
The only other complaint I had with the car was no place for the left driver's foot. I'm surprise Consumer Reports didn't notice. Also the door panels seem cheap.

Well, it is a Volvo after all...

Not really technically the 500 and Freestyle are build on a chassis, designed by Ford engineers, that was first used on a Volvo model, to be precise. The same is true of the chassis, above the '3' used by Mazda that will soon show up on some 2006 Ford, Mercury and Lincoln models. ;)
mike hunt
Cory Dunkle wrote:

<<<<It did not drop to third. Maybe there was something wrong with the car. Seriously Mike, there was nothing. I believe the pedal was against the metal. >>>>
It can't drop to 3rd! The Ford 500 uses a CVT (constant variable transmission).
Disregaurd what I just posted about the CVT. The 500 in question used the 6 speed automatic.
<<<<<<<< It did not drop to third. Maybe there was something wrong with the car. Seriously Mike, there was nothing. I believe the pedal was against the metal
. >>>>
It can't drop to 3rd! The Ford 500 uses a CVT (constant variable transmission). >>>>
The six speed is optional on the FWD models.
mike hunt
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I drove a Montego, it will accelerate past 65, but not anywhere as fast as the car I ended up buying.

Art wrote:

My Father has a Freestyle (aka Ford 500 Station Wagon). It ahs no problem accelerating to 75 (or more:)). Maybe the one you test drove was broken...
Ed

Or perhaps speed-limited so that "test drives" won't end up on an episode of Cops. Shouldn't the OP have put his question to the salesman at the dealership?