Ford #6 auto brand

In a determination of the value of brands, Ford was ranked #6, at about 1/3 the value of Toyota.

The rankings:

1 Toyota $33.4B 2 BMW $25.8B 3 Mercedes $17.8B 4 Honda $15.5B 5 Porsche $13.4B 6 Ford $12.6B 7 Chevolet $11.2B 8 Nissan $11.2B 9 VW $7B 10 Lexus $5.4B

Of top ten auto brands, 4 Japanese (Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Lexus) 4 German (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and VW) and only 2 (American Ford and Chevy) made the top 10.

These are the worldwide value of the brands, not just the american value.

You can read about the methods in the actual report.

Reply to
Jeff

I read the report and it is a lot of BS. Google was the #1 "Brand" by a long shot. BMW was relatively close in "Brand Value" to Toyota in the Automotive segment. What does that mean? Is BMW soon going to become the #2 Automaker in the world? Porsche's brand value is increasing very rapidly. Will they pass Toyota next year? Starbucks has a higher brand value than Honda, and it is increasing rapidly. Maybe Honda needs to sell coffee to protect it's brand value - or maybe Ford should start selling the Starbucks Mocha Fusion....

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

No, that the value of the brand name is larger than the value of the #3 brand name, Mercedes. That's all it means.

Starbucks is opening new stores at a rate faster than Honda. It is selling its coffee at more outlets, like in supermarkets. And Starbucks is moving into new markets.

I thought it was an interesting look at the relative value of the brands. It is very hard to compare brands, especially in different industries.

I would like to see you do a better job.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff