Ford #6 auto brand

In a determination of the value of brands, Ford was ranked #6, at about 1/3 the value of Toyota.
The rankings:
1 Toyota $33.4B 2 BMW $25.8B 3 Mercedes $17.8B
4 Honda $15.5B 5 Porsche $13.4B 6 Ford $12.6B 7 Chevolet $11.2B 8 Nissan $11.2B 9 VW $7B 10 Lexus $5.4B
Of top ten auto brands, 4 Japanese (Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Lexus) 4 German (BMW, Mercedes, Porsche and VW) and only 2 (American Ford and Chevy) made the top 10.
These are the worldwide value of the brands, not just the american value.
http://www.millwardbrown.com/Sites/optimor/Media/Pdfs/en/BrandZ/BrandZ-2007-RankingReport.pdf
You can read about the methods in the actual report.

http://www.millwardbrown.com/Sites/optimor/Media/Pdfs/en/BrandZ/BrandZ-2007-RankingReport.pdf
I read the report and it is a lot of BS. Google was the #1 "Brand" by a long shot. BMW was relatively close in "Brand Value" to Toyota in the Automotive segment. What does that mean? Is BMW soon going to become the #2 Automaker in the world? Porsche's brand value is increasing very rapidly. Will they pass Toyota next year? Starbucks has a higher brand value than Honda, and it is increasing rapidly. Maybe Honda needs to sell coffee to protect it's brand value - or maybe Ford should start selling the Starbucks Mocha Fusion....
Ed

No, that the value of the brand name is larger than the value of the #3 brand name, Mercedes. That's all it means.

Starbucks is opening new stores at a rate faster than Honda. It is selling its coffee at more outlets, like in supermarkets. And Starbucks is moving into new markets.

I thought it was an interesting look at the relative value of the brands. It is very hard to compare brands, especially in different industries.
I would like to see you do a better job.
Jeff