Ford Aerostar -1989 AT (4LD) Overdrive not responsive...

Hi,

I had a "loser" mechanic in town fix a TC seal on my 89 aerostar, and ever since he did that, the tranny seems to A) go into overdrive sooner than it used to (right at 40 mph) and B) stays in overdrive, and the gas petal is not as responsive as it used to be...

It pulls hills in OD, but my concern is Engine Damage over time, plus I like a more resposive petal for passing, etc, or if I wanted to climb a hill, without having to really step on the gas...

How should the 4LD tranny with the 3.0 be? Can I make some adjustments to the linkage of when the tranny shifts, and how sensitive the gas is, or do I want to keep it how it is??

Thanks! Bob

Reply to
RobGute