Ford Aerostar 3.0 to 4.0 V6

Have a tired 3.0 Aerostar. It is an extended van and underpowered in my opinion. I am interested in possibly removing the 3.0 and replaceing it with the 4.0. I would like to know if anyone has done this. What are the
down falls/expenses? Are there any problems with the 4.0 that I should know about?
Thanks
Dave
The 4.0L is a good, trouble free engine if maintained correctly. It has much more torque at low rpms and you should feel that right away. The 4.0 not very thrifty on gas. Expect only 15-18 mpg in normal driving. I can't tell you how it will work with the existing hardware in the van though. John

Thanks