(acidic) the

suspect is the

usually also

restricted coolant

Radiator is not restricted.

this

(that

idle

turn it off, there's a pretty good resistance to spinning.

the engine up to idle speed and then turn it off, and count the revolutions until it stops. Doing the same thing when hot, it stops quicker.

not

at

least

making

whether hot or cold. I've been told that these after-market fan clutches are prone to fail early. I changed it once and was a lot easier than a water pump.

warm up quickly and then starts to cool when hot. What do you think about bolting the clutch in place so that the fan always spins the same?

Sounds good, but the car has run fine until now, so I'll first just try repair & replacing stuff.