Ford CD Service/Tech/Repair Manuals on Ebay

Re: Ford CD Service/Tech/Repair Manuals on Ebay
Case in point: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 23142800&sspagenameME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1
Some of y'all have this or similar CD?
The ad claims: "This is the same manual your local dealer will use when doing a repair for you."
Does this sound like the "True Gospel"? Any material disadvantages to these CD's?
I need a CD manual I can depend on. This one is only $11 (with s/h) and I need my $11 worth. :-)
Danke, Puddin'
*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***

Use Ebay much? Know what user feedback is about ?
If you want me to vouch for these, as they are prolly violating the law, I cant do that.
But that's about what I paid for mine.
you pay..DEAL with it!
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 22:56:16 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Sho'ly. Seller has an OK record. Not worried about getting nothing for my payment.

Hmmmmm. You took it the wrong way.

Nice, simple question: Has your CD served your repair needs well and without major omissions (i.e. stuff thats missing from the Haynes manuals)??
Thx, Puddin'
*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***

I never buy from anyone with less than 98.5 unless he's hit a string of obvious deadbeats

no.. you took THAT the wrong way

See directly above

if you can follow them.. a little different than you might be used to.
yes
you pay..DEAL with it!
Puddin',
I got mine here - it's real -
http://stores.ebay.com/CCIII-Enterprises
PoD

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 23142800&sspagenameME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1

I've heard that the CDROMs are re-issued periodically to the dealer, with the old ones thrown away (or, maybe sold on eBay). I asked my dealer, and he said that they accessed their data directly from the internet, and didn't have CDROMs.
Helminc.com sells the official "2005 Escape/Hybrid Service Information CD-Rom" Price: $170.00 The printed manual is $165.
I wouldn't mind a used one at all, for a tenth of the price, especially if the dealer was throwing it away.

snipped-for-privacy@XReXXFordX.usenet.us.com wrote:

That particular one doesn't look like an original. The interface in the screen shot is wrong. This one looks better: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1994-Ford-Car-Repair-Manual-CD - Escort-Tempo-Taurus_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34220QQitemZ8022130156 If those are real screen shots, it's the Ford manual. Don't worry about the Escort-Tempo... part of the listing. The CDs cover all of the Ford cars for a particular model year.
Clarence, The CDs were only used in the dealerships up to about 2002, the dealers were sent Multi Year DVDs after that. Many have since gone to the online manuals, but I think some shops still use the DVD format. The CDs are available from Helm for later years. The DVDs have shown up on ebay before, but I haven't seen any recently. IIRC the DVDs were going for about $35. Oh, I found one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-2005-FORD-MUSTANG-SHOP-MANUAL-on-DVD-BONUS _W0QQitemZ8022034620QQcategoryZ34220QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 02:05:12 -0500, Tom Adkins

Well, I figgered the ones that billed as "<this model> THUNDERBIRD <that model> etc" would be a jungle to navigate thru, but the screen shot suggests that one just points to a model and then selects a sub-system (engine, exhaust, etc).
I'll give it a try.
Much thanks to Tom, Clarence, Paul, and (the misunderstood, apologies) Backyard Mechanic.
Skoal, Puddin'
*** Puddin' Man PuddingDotMan at GmailDotCom ***
Puddin' Man wrote:

Naah. When you open the Ford Technical Service Publications program, the first thing you do is choose the vehicle you are working on. The you choose the manual you need (EVTM, Emisions, BCE)