Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

Page 6 of 7
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:07:46 +0000, Jeff rearranged some electrons to form:

He couldn't prove it before and he can't prove it now, despite being proven wrong many times.
All of us have posted numerous references that refute Mike's claims. Yet he continues to post his ignorant blather.
--
David M (dmacchiarolo)
http://home.triad.rr.com/redsled

Looks like you may have finally stumbled on the explanation you seek. The reason the Lincoln LT has a 4 and the F150 a 1, although they both built on the same assemble line, is the US content of the LT falls slightly below 70%
mike

Obviously the US content has dropped in some of the LTs, if what you say is true. I know some Aviators have had a 5 as well, in the past. Ford has been getting more stuff out of it factories in Mexico and Canada, because of the lower cost there, thus reducing the US content.
The '80%' you are referencing is the NA 'parts' content label. Imported parts can be listed on the NAP label if the final assemble in NA. That is how Toyota get to say the Camry and others show a NAP label of 80% yet must say 'assembled in America of world sourced parts' in their ads
mike

I give up on trying to enlighten you. You keep going around in circles. They do NOT have the same US content or they would have the same VIN.
You keep referring to the NA parts label that uses those figures. Don't you ever think about what you are seeing there. Don't you realize the 80% on the NA label could be 100% Mexican or Canada? A Camry, that is made totally in Japan with a 'J', has a NA parts label that say something ridiculous like 80% NA parts when obviously it has none.
mike
y08...

You can find what you seek if you do your homework. That is what I did, when I became curious as to why the US had three numbers and other countries had only one. ;)
mike

You did no such thing, If you did you could provide proof...

But you haven't posted ANYTHING to back up your bogus claims!!

On the contrary nothing posted has shown the assignment of the first digit of VIN 1, 4 and 5 to be for anything but US content. If you believe that is wrong, show us ;)
mike

Hold it. You have made this claim many times before. You back it up.
Jeff
You made the claim, you back it up. Nothing you or anyone else posted confirms your claims.

So post the links to the published information that might substantiate your position, Mike!
No mater how many times you repeat your position without collaborate information from some OTHER source, none of us is going to believe this as yet unsubstantiated scheme.

I could not care less what you choose to believe, do you own homework, WBMA ;)
mike

I did my homework, like finding that a Lincoln Mark LT has a VIN that starts with '5' which you say is less than 40% US content, while it actually has 80% US content. Oopsie, you're wrong again.
So show us the web site that shows you are correct.
The US Code that requires that VINs be on cars is available on the web. Where does it say that US content has anything to do with the VIN?
Put up or shut up.
Jeff
On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:32:58 -0500, "Mike Hunter"

content was never mentioned here , i didn't bother looking for SAE site . Maybe you can and post the content ratios link.
Nicholas Anthony wrote:
> ...there were many other American Airline

"Industries"?
Companies, yes. And many fewer now than there were then. There are about to be even fewer as the US Airline industry continues its consolidation into three major companies, just as the auto industry did years ago. The US Government created the environment for consolidation by deregulation of the airlines in the '70's. And if we don't keep a close eye on the bastards in D.C., they will let foreigners buy our airlines as they are buying our auto companies.

"...[S]omeone providing transportation." Now that's funny! I shudder to think you might also put the railroads and shipping in that same category of insignificance.
Everything in the US economy is related in some way -- in this modern era, everything in the world economy is related. Wages will naturally seek a common level. So you better learn to do a job few others can do if you want to gain an income few others enjoy. Yes, the dominance of the US is coming to an end, but that is inevitable.
The answer is to become more competitive than we have been. In other words, get off your lazy asses, Americans, and work for what you want. Or we all go down together.
Jack