Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

The current VIN numbering system has been in effect since 1980. Some of the 'young' guys I worked with and trained are now retiring. You can be cynical and free to believe whatever you choose,. I could not care less. . ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

And you still won't post anything to validate your claims, you just say "I know it for a fact." Well I for one have never met someone who wouldn't back up their claims with evidence that wasn't considered a crackpot. How convenient it is that you can't post a simple link to any evidence to back up your claims, since after all it was a couple of guys that told you what apparently no one else knows.

In psychiatric circles, that's known as a self-reinforcing delusion.

Have a good life.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 16:07:46 +0000, Jeff rearranged some electrons to form:

He couldn't prove it before and he can't prove it now, despite being proven wrong many times.

All of us have posted numerous references that refute Mike's claims. Yet he continues to post his ignorant blather.

Reply to
David M

Re: Ford chief seeks help from Toyota

70% but more than 40% and '5' less than 40%. I did do the search. What I found is that not one site mentions differences in content as a reason. I did find that nearly idencial vehicles produced on the same production line with nearly identical percent N.A. content have different VINs, because they are sold as different brands (Ford, Mercury, Lincoln, Mazda). If what you suggest is correct, then Ford would have a three groups of VINs, differing only in the first digit. However, as you can see on the second page, this is incorrect.
SUVs are all assigned a VIN beginning with '5'. Why? That iswhat the organization that assigns VINs decided. It has nothing to dowith content. I also read the legal code that says the US Dept. of Transportation has to have VINs. It mentioned WMIs, but nothing about content. If your conjecture were correct, I would think it would be in the legal code. I went ahead and did my homework. My homework showed no support of your conjecture. And plenty of evidence against it. Please post the URL that shows I am incorrect. In other words, please put up or shut up. Did you notice not one person has said that your are correct? You'll also notice that I admit when I am wrong. The figures I got for Dec. 2006 auto sales where incorrect. According to Ward's Automotive, Toyota outsold Ford. But the figures were wrong. I admitted that. Mistakes happen. So let's see whether you should admit you were incorrect or I was. There is no shame in making a mistake. Show us the evidence you so often talk about, but don't show us. Jeff ;)
Reply to
VB Mercon

I could not care less what you think, Dr Spock. LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Believe whatever you wish but actually nobody has posted anything that disputed what I have said about the REASON for the three different number assigned to vehicles made in the US. None of the sites posted pointed to any other reason or anything else, except the fact that there is three numbers and that fact has never been in dispute. Simply saying I can't find that information, does not make what I have said incorrect If you believe you can find another reason go find it, WBMA ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

That may be so, but when one buys something they may want to knew the truth about where it is made. IF you knew that part was not what you thought, you may not have made the purchase. If they have that information they can make informed choices before they make a purchase. Knowing the designation of the first number of the VIN helps one in doing that. Many Americans have the mistaken idea, because of Toyotas deceptive advertising, that most of their vehicles are made in America of mostly US content and that is not factual. Unlike the Accord which IS actually made in the US of over 70% US content as shown in the '1' in the VIN, the Camry, Siena and Tundra are only assembled in the US of mostly non US content.

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Mike,

Each time you insist you did the search, yet refuse to share the links to the information you found, the more feeble minded you look to EVERYONE reading you posts...

:-(

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

You did no such thing, If you did you could provide proof...

Reply to
My Name Is Nobody

Unfortunately, you're information is incorrect. The first digit of the VIN says nothing about the content that is from the US.

I invite you to point us to a website that shows otherwise.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff