ford coil packs

the local ford dealer just told me that my #3 cylinder misfire issue is related to the coil pack. There are 8 of them instead of the normal wires that attach to the spark plugs. The cost to replace the one bad one is
$250. My mileage is low but my warranty ended 2 months ago so it is not covered and I dont think it would be anyway.
So i called Ford customer service to complain the cost is too high and there was nothing they could do. I found alot of ford owners with similar experiences online. I mentioned this to Ford customer service. Their suggestion is to let other owners know they should be calling ford headquarters to make them aware of the issue. Also save receipts so that if there is a future recall you may be entitled to a refund.
So if anyone out there reads this and knows of someone who has had this issue, I say flood ford with your complaints so issues like this can be owned up to by ford and they can do the right thing by the consumer.

Or you could just go to the junkyard and pick up a new coil pack for about $25. Buy a couple and you'll have a spare.
I bought two EDIS modules (new $300+) for $50. If one doesn't work I don't care, I still have an extra.
Be thankful it's just a coil pack. My car gave up the ghost completely due to mechanical issues, and these things are damn expensive to fix.

I'm not sure how much labor is involved, but typical part cost for a coil over plug arrangement is about $75-90 (dealer price, includes over priced European parts). I'd check the aftermarket and internet folks and see if you can do better. Unusual conditions aside, changing one of these is usually a 10 minute job if you already know which cyl.
FWIW, they last 60-80K miles in most vehicles IMHE.

Coil packs are the weak link in the GM quad four. I read somewhere about 25% of them fail:)
Al