ford contour 1995 4 cyl 2.0

i recently bought this car running condition with engine problems i can crank it up and drive around the yard but it sounds horrible some say it needs new heads some say it needs this or that im trying to figure out whats really wrong with the car its not getting a spark on the second plugg i know that they say it could be a rod is broke or something but its not making that bad of a noise but im afraid to drive it around

Reply to
drewstones

First, check out the forums at

Many knowledgeable people there.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

On a 2.0 Zetec most likely problem is a jumped timing belt, which likely bent a valve or two. Pull the timing cover and check the alignment of the timing marks, and do a compression test. If the belt is jumped, all compression will be down a bit, and at least one is likely to be close to zero.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

focking retard simply scan it a belt one tooth out will throw a code ya foctard h u r c a s t

Reply to
fordman3

Reply to
tom

Might on a '96, but 95 isn't OBD2

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

wanna bet? h u rc a s t

Reply to
fordman3

The Contour/Mystique didn't go OBD2 until the 1996 model year.

Also, I don't believe the Zetec is an interference engine.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

You're correct that the Contour went to OBD II in 96 but, the Zetech IS an interference engine. Ford says it's not but, when the cam belt slips or breaks, they absolutly DO bend valves. I've seen it very many times.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

At idle or cranking speed it may not be an interference engine - bat at 2500 RPM or more, driving down the road, if the felt jumps you usually DO end up bending a valve. I've seen several require extensive repairs after jumping a tooth or two - and I've seen them survive with no damage (jumped while cranking)

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce