ford contour 1995 4 cyl 2.0

i recently bought this car running condition with engine problems i can crank it up and drive around the yard but it sounds horrible some say it needs new heads some say it needs this or that im trying to figure
out whats really wrong with the car its not getting a spark on the second plugg i know that they say it could be a rod is broke or something but its not making that bad of a noise but im afraid to drive it around
In article
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

First, check out the forums at www.contour.org. Many knowledgeable people there.
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 01:01:50 -0400, "drewstones"

On a 2.0 Zetec most likely problem is a jumped timing belt, which likely bent a valve or two. Pull the timing cover and check the alignment of the timing marks, and do a compression test. If the belt is jumped, all compression will be down a bit, and at least one is likely to be close to zero.
On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 14:58:47 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

focking retard simply scan it a belt one tooth out will throw a code ya foctard h u r c a s t
..... the rectal orifice has given out more useless rectal drivel
wrote:

figure
could
but

Might on a '96, but 95 isn't OBD2

On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:39:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@sny.der.on.ca wrote:

wanna bet? h u rc a s t

@hotmail.com says...

The Contour/Mystique didn't go OBD2 until the 1996 model year.
Also, I don't believe the Zetec is an interference engine.
Andrew Rossmann wrote:

You're correct that the Contour went to OBD II in 96 but, the Zetech IS an interference engine. Ford says it's not but, when the cam belt slips or breaks, they absolutly DO bend valves. I've seen it very many times.
On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 15:46:01 -0500, Andrew Rossmann

At idle or cranking speed it may not be an interference engine - bat at 2500 RPM or more, driving down the road, if the felt jumps you usually DO end up bending a valve. I've seen several require extensive repairs after jumping a tooth or two - and I've seen them survive with no damage (jumped while cranking)