Ford Contour Random Misfire

My son has a 2000 Ford Contour. After the holidays when he ws driving back to college it cut off twice even though he was going interstate speed. He pulled over, sat for awhile and was able to get it to start and drove on the college. He took it to a shop and they could find nothing wrong with it and could not repeat the problem. Now he is home for spring break. Last evening the car would not start. The lights and battery are fine. It would crank, but not catch. I called a shop and had it towed this morning. Before they towed it I tried to start it --- same problem. They towed it to the shop. WHERE IT STARTED RIGHT UP! No codes, no problems. Any ideas??

Reply to
Joni

Since I would suspect a wiring concern, look under the hood and check for the presence of rodents. They love to chew up wiring. If nothing found there. look closely at all visible wiring connectors; I had a car that did that very thing and it turned out to be a broken wire at the ignition coil; it looked ok, but it was broken right where the wire was crimped into the terminal.

Reply to
Ted