Ford Contour Wheel Bearing???

I just had all four of my tires replaced...as soon as I drove away, I noticed a "clacking" sound...kind of like putting a straw in the spokes of your bike tire...(Iím very paranoid about my car, so I KNOW
it wasnít making this sound before hand). I only hear it when I go forward or turn right, not back or left. Itís also a lot less noticable, or even disappears, after the carís been driven for about fifteen minutes or so. Everyone tells me itís the wheel bearing, which is fine, Iíll get it replaced...but why would I all of a sudden have a bad wheel bearing after getting my tires replaced??? The guys at the shop said "well, sometimes the alignment or suspension gets pulled out of place when you lift the car, and thatís why youíre hearing it now..." Is this true? Or are these guys just people I should avoid taking my car to in the future??? Thanks...I was just curious.
‚úĖ

We dont know... we're nothing but dumb hick newsgroup users at alt.autos.ford... have NO IDEA how your post on that "ExPERTS ONLY WEBSITE" got here.
But if everyone tells you it's the wheel bearing, i suppose it is...
Seems to me, any trouble that rears its head has to start sometime. And that would be a good time for it to start.. just a litlle out of the ordinary stress.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 01:31:08 GMT, Backyard Mechanic

Mags ore wheel covers? If wheel covers, remove and try again. Many a time wheelcovers will make a ticking noise under certain conditions. If the noise goes away, carefully reinstall one at a time and see if and when the noise returns.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ
If you haven't travelled far, and it still "clacks," there's an odd chance one of the balancing weights is rattling around in your wheel. Sometimes the tire shop doesn't fasten them correctly, and they come loose. This just happened to me again yesterday, as a matter of fact.

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

‚úĖ