Ford cuts Super Duty production amid dispute with engine maker

Page 2 of 2
Who ever said Toyota builds shitty 4 cy engines, not me?. I know Toyota builds great engines. You bias is showing, you are the one calling others
crap. I'll bet you have not driven any, let alone all, of those you calling crap. Since you are posting in a NG chances are you do not even own a late model vehicle
What I said was there are plenty of vehicle on the market with V6 engine that do much better job of motivating the vehicle than do the 4cy engines in Toyotas, that cost as much or more, than those that have V6 engines. In comparison the Toyota are under powered. The 4cy Camry compared to others car its size with V6s, including the Camry V6, is a slug,. You can disagree if you choose but that is a fact.
If one lives in hilly county as I do those V6 equipped vehicles will do as good or better than a 4cy in fuel mileages, since they do not need to be run down a gear or two to maintain the same speed on the same grades. That is a fact as well. I own a V6 vehicle that does no better on fuel, when I drive it in hilly country, than my V8 equipped vehicle over the same roads. Even though EPA for the V6 is 4 MPH higher that the V8. That is a fact as well, for the same reason.
You are free to believe whatever you choose and spend you money however you choose. I could not care less
mike
e.teranews.com...

If you haven't purchased one of the new cars on the market today how can you say they which are good, or bad? One can have an opinion but one sure as hell can not compare what is on the market today with what was available on the market just five years ago, let alone ten years ago. Today every manufacturer is build good quality long lasting vehicles that can easily run trouble free to 200K given the proper preventive maintenance
mike
.

By the same logic, unless you have bought one every model, you can't make your claim.
However, when the results of several people are averaged together, as JD Powers and Consumer Reports do, you do see that recent vehicles are better than older vehicles. But there are still vehicles that stand out in quality, IIRC.
I do, however, think that CR underrates American vehicles, on average.
Jeff

and i think i would put more effort into the fact that this is a ford newsgroup, not a toy yoder , or hunder, or nippon news group. if i wanted to read about jap cars, i would go to a jap car newsgroup.
have you ever given any thought to the reason you are getting so worked up over senseless bullscrap is that people are baiting you for posting about jap cars in a ford newsgroup in the first place???

Can't prove it by me. After switching from the Toyota/Lexus models, I previously bought, to Fore/Lincoln I now buy, my account tells me I have saved so many thousands dollars since 1999 that my last three vehicles were basically free ;)
mike

Just three days after saying it would suspend producing diesel engines for Ford Motor Co., Navistar International Corp. said it would resume production because of a court order from a Michigan judge.
Navistar said it will resume production of Power Stroke diesel engines used by Ford in its heavy duty pickup truck line.
Navistar is the parent company if International Truck and Engine Corp., which makes Class 4-8 diesel engines.
Under the court order, Ford will be required to pay, without deductions, for all diesel engines it receives from International, the company said. L&MT Just three days after saying it would suspend producing diesel engines for Ford Motor Co., Navistar International Corp. said it would resume production because of a court order from a Michigan judge.