Ford Escape Battery Light

I have a 2002 Ford Escape. Seven hours after driving to a friends house for dinner, I got in my car to go home. It started fine but the battery light
came on. After about five minutes with the car running, the light went out. It was semi-cold outside, about 28degrees. Is this something I should worry about? Does it mean it's time for a new battery. The battery is about 18 months old and I've driven about 10,000 miles. TIA

On any car, the Battery light is usually a sign that the battery isn't charging properly because of: 1. Slipping belt on alternator (especially common after you go thru a deep puddle) 2. Loose connection 3. Failing voltage regulator or alternator (most modern cars now have a voltage regulator inside the alternator) 4. Weak battery
I wouldn't worry too much unless it comes on again. YMMV.
--
"She had the 9mm and a .38 revolver. That surprised me,
considering she said she was going to be in the Million Mom March