Ford Escape Can't get ignition key out

I don't know if this has come up before. I have a 2005 Escape, after I shut off the car the ignition switch won't turn all the way off and I can't get the key out. If I wait about two minutes it finally turns all the way and the key comes out. If I start the car again before the key can come out, I am able to shift out of park without my foot on the brake. I don't know if it is a problem with the ignition switch or the gearshifter. Has anyone ever heard of this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Ken