Ford Escape V6 Automatic Transmission Trouble

Hi,
Have an '01 Escape V6 with automatic transmision problems. Happened soon after changing transmision fluid. Hard engagement from rest, rough 1-2 shift as well. 2-3 and 3-4 shifts ok. 70,000 miles. Dealer service
dept. says 'probably an internal seal' whatever that means. Changed fluid, no improvement. If anybody can recommend a good transmission shop in the Nassau/Suffolk county (NY) area, I'd greatly appreiciate it.
Thanks!!!
Change the fluid again, unless you used a flushing machine to do the change, WBMA. I'll bet you have some gunk messing things up internally. Tranny fluid is highly detergent and new fluid cleans the tranny. Flushing machines flush the tranny will new fluid to loosen the dirt and remove it before refilling the tranny.
mike hunt
morrison snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Might be TV cable adjustment (from the throttle to the trans). If it is too tight it will cause harsh and late shifts. Too loose and insufficient trans line pressure will cause slipping and damage. Maybe they misadjusted this when they changed your fluid.

There is no cable.........

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 05:29:00 GMT, "johanb"

Gah, a computer controlled tranny....
Didja ever pull the codes?
-LMB
Check that the proper tranny fluid was used- my '02 calls for Mercon, but I know of a couple of people who put in (or had put in) Mercon V, and the two are not interchangeable or mixable. SC Tom