Ford Escape V6 Automatic Transmission Trouble

Hi,

Have an '01 Escape V6 with automatic transmision problems. Happened soon after changing transmision fluid. Hard engagement from rest, rough

1-2 shift as well. 2-3 and 3-4 shifts ok. 70,000 miles. Dealer service dept. says 'probably an internal seal' whatever that means. Changed fluid, no improvement. If anybody can recommend a good transmission shop in the Nassau/Suffolk county (NY) area, I'd greatly appreiciate it.

Thanks!!!

Reply to
morrison_ml1

Change the fluid again, unless you used a flushing machine to do the change, WBMA. I'll bet you have some gunk messing things up internally. Tranny fluid is highly detergent and new fluid cleans the tranny. Flushing machines flush the tranny will new fluid to loosen the dirt and remove it before refilling the tranny.

mike hunt

morris>

Reply to
MelvinGibson

Might be TV cable adjustment (from the throttle to the trans). If it is too tight it will cause harsh and late shifts. Too loose and insufficient trans line pressure will cause slipping and damage. Maybe they misadjusted this when they changed your fluid.

Reply to
jk

There is no cable.........

Reply to
johanb

Check that the proper tranny fluid was used- my '02 calls for Mercon, but I know of a couple of people who put in (or had put in) Mercon V, and the two are not interchangeable or mixable. SC Tom

Reply to
SC Tom

Gah, a computer controlled tranny....

Didja ever pull the codes?