Ford Escort 1994 1.6L Zetec Humming noise...

I have a very well maintained/looked after Ford Escort 1.6L.
I've noticed that going from around 30 to 60 MPH there is a humming noise that sounds like it's coming from the engine somewhere. It also
seems fairly intermittent. It's not particularly loud. It's as loud as the engine but a different tone, so you can hear it together with the engine noise.
Any ideas what this might be. The Cars done 36'000 and was recently serviced (Oil, fuel filter, plugs, oil filter) Belts were done 2 years ago due to the age of it.
Thanks

I had something similiar with a Volvo.
The auxilary drive belt had become stretched/loose for what ever reason and made a horrible whinning noise.
its worth a check!