ford escort

Hi All, I am thinking of buying a ford escort 1.8 si zetec (1996) but i am not sure what the mpg would be for this car.Could anyone help with the information?
Also a few pointers on what to look out for would be helpful. Many Thanks, Simon.
The mileage should be around 23-24 city/33-34 highway I think.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff.

My 1.8 zetec Orion gives well over 40 MPG on a run and low 30's about town in the summer. Less in the winter of course but it's still good on a long run once its warmed up. I drive to Spain a couple of times each year and always get over 40 MPG over the whole holiday. Some of the 1.8 Escorts have sportier gear spacing though and may not be as frugal.
--
For Welsh Military Flying visit .......
Thanks for the advice.