ford escort

what does the si stand for on a ford escort

Yes, at least for the one that were made in Mexico.
mike
tony wrote:

the little I stands for Injection, I think the S may stand for Sequential, which it the method of fuel injection
So it Stands for
Sequential Injection
as sequential injection based engines have been around for a long time, and the option was/is fitted to cars other than the Si, in reality Si is just a name for a trim level. I means you get a few more "toys" than the basic car.

No throttle body inj. was standard and the Si was a step up. KB
--
ThunderSnake #9 Warn once, shoot twice
460 in the pkup, 460 on the stand for another pkup